The Style Set must’ve wished diligently upon every star in the sky. Come early 2013, big fashion dreams are coming true at Highland Park Village with the arrival of three big-name houses: CHRISTIAN DIOR in the former Cooter’s Village Camera digs; SAINT LAURENT PARIS, between Diane von Furstenberg and Christian Louboutin; and ALEXANDER McQUEEN, the label’s first-ever Texas boutique, to debut in a yet-to-be-named space. Adding to the fashionable frenzy, Highland Park Village owners Stephen and Elisa Summers and Heather and Ray Washburne are seeking approval to add a second story to HERMÈS. Our prediction? With the possibility of that bigger H, plus the influx of wildly patterned, jacquard McQueen dresses, modern-day New Looks by Dior and updated Le Smokings by Saint Laurent, next year may be Dallas’ best-dressed yet. — Christina Geyer
- The most expensive real-estate listing in Dallas: Inside the $37 million Baron estate
- How Natura Bissé gives your skin the essential shock it needs
- Fifteen things (from a $60-million shocker to the Chanel handbag of the season) so hot they need cooling down
- We go face-to-face with Leonard Lauder and Elizabeth Hurley at Neiman Marcus NorthPark Center
- The player: The motivated, magnificent Jarrell Young in summer’s sexiest menswear
- The rosé wine from Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Delicious or dumb?
- Pilates Methodology in Uptown: Are you ready for a stretch?
- Summer’s hottest barbecue sandwich: Pecan Lodge’s piled-high Pitmaster
- Gowns and glamour: Oscar de la Renta makes a Dallas debut at the Bush Presidential Center
- Deep Ellum’s retail resurgence: Life of Riley, for the best-dressed house