With Kayne West, Penelope Cruz, Lulu Guinness and local Dallas style influencers involved, these collaborations are sure to be the talk of the season
1. Penelope and Monica Cruz + Loewe: The Cruz sisters team up on a Loewe handbag collection designed for busy (yet highly stylish) working women. A Spanish element promises to be present in each of the Cruz Collection’styles. (Image above: Penelope Cruz in a current Loewe campaign)
2. Lulu Guinness + Joe Steele: Steele is one of the new breed of Young British Artists, or YBAs, known for his controversial methods of making art. This twosome has teamed up to create the Lulu Guinness Paint Project, a capsule collection featuring Guinness’s trademark lip design and signed by both Guinness and Steele.
3. Oakley + Rag & Bone: The sunglasses brand and fashion label teamed up to create sunglasses with colored, reflective lenses and graphic print frames, last popular during the early 90s — but we are not complaining. There is something to be said for everything old being new again. Oakley + Rag & Bone has hit the nail on its fashionable head with these limited-edition throwback shades.
4. Kanye West + A.P.C.: North West wasn’t the only new addition to Kanye’s empire. The rapper launched a line with A.P.C. — which sold out online in a matter of hours. Does everything Kanye touches turn to gold?
5. Phillip Lim + Target: Phillip Lim and Target tapped local Dallas style influencers for a photo shoot/cinema-graph for the launch of Phillip Lim for Target, to be displayed at the NYC launch party September 5th. We asked one of the influencers, Krystal Schlegel, about the collection. Says she: “I’ve always been a huge fan of Lim and have never been so impressed with a Target collaboration. The line stays true to Lim’s feminine contemporary style — making it the perfect collection for the working girl who takes her look from office to out, effortlessly. From the beautiful embroidery and faux leather details on the clothes to the structured handbags, it’s a modern mix between New York City cool and Dallas’ classic way of dressing. Clean colors, chic details and beautiful fabrics make it low-priced luxury you will want to get your hands on.”
Billy Reid + Coach: It’s a new interpretation of classic Americana. This month, the Alabama-based Reid, recipient of the 2012 CFDA Menswear Designer of the Year award, is pairing with the leather-goods powerhouse to create a capsule collection of men’s and women’s bags and accessories, all shot with Reid’s modern take on Southern style.