One no longer needs supermodel status to get one’s hands on a Zac Posen wedding gown. The designer, who has made dresses for many a celebrity bride — model Coco Rocha, for one — has created a line for David’s Bridal called, appropriately, Truly Zac Posen. The collection features seven designs, each of which boasts the signature va-va-voom quality for which Posen is known. Two standouts? A dramatic fit-and-flare gown in classic lace and an above-the-knee floral jacquard dress that would be ideal for that first spin on the dance floor. With the line’s special-occasion dresses and accessories — the floor-sweeping lavender number would be fantastic for summer nuptials — there are options aplenty for bridesmaids as well. The collection is a fashion dream: Snagging a Posen gown off the rack will save months of waiting (the average order-ahead time on a Zac Posen collection dress is six months) and with prices ranging from $195 for that above-the-knee floral jacquard dress to $1,350 for a Cinderella-style tulle ballgown, you’ll be left with room in the budget for that divine Champagne tower. 13330 Preston Road, 214-360-0270; davidsbridal.com —Bradley Agather Means
- The most expensive real-estate listing in Dallas: Inside the $37 million Baron estate
- How Natura Bissé gives your skin the essential shock it needs
- Fifteen things (from a $60-million shocker to the Chanel handbag of the season) so hot they need cooling down
- We go face-to-face with Leonard Lauder and Elizabeth Hurley at Neiman Marcus NorthPark Center
- The player: The motivated, magnificent Jarrell Young in summer’s sexiest menswear
- The rosé wine from Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Delicious or dumb?
- Pilates Methodology in Uptown: Are you ready for a stretch?
- Summer’s hottest barbecue sandwich: Pecan Lodge’s piled-high Pitmaster
- Gowns and glamour: Oscar de la Renta makes a Dallas debut at the Bush Presidential Center
- Deep Ellum’s retail resurgence: Life of Riley, for the best-dressed house