The good news: I had the key to a Bentley convertible for 72 hours. The bad news? It rained cats and dogs for about 71 of those. “But don’t worry,” said the nice man at Park Place Bentley Dallas, as he sent me out into the world alone in his $235,000 motorcar. “You cannot make this car skid. Just try.” He’s bloody insane, I thought, as I eased the hand-built, hand-everything car out onto an oily, slick Lemmon Avenue.
- To a tee
- The most expensive real-estate listing in Dallas: Inside the $37 million Baron estate
- How Natura Bissé gives your skin the essential shock it needs
- Fifteen things (from a $60-million shocker to the Chanel handbag of the season) so hot they need cooling down
- We go face-to-face with Leonard Lauder and Elizabeth Hurley at Neiman Marcus NorthPark Center
- The player: The motivated, magnificent Jarrell Young in summer’s sexiest menswear
- The rosé wine from Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Delicious or dumb?
- Pilates Methodology in Uptown: Are you ready for a stretch?
- Summer’s hottest barbecue sandwich: Pecan Lodge’s piled-high Pitmaster
- Gowns and glamour: Oscar de la Renta makes a Dallas debut at the Bush Presidential Center